Monday 16 April 2007

Like Not Love

There are people that we like, and there are some that we love. What's the difference? Isn't love just the superlative form of like? Furthermore, we often like one person more than another, meaning there are varying degrees of like. So when does like becomes love? Does the affection for someone build up gradually so that it crosses the region of like and enters the love territory, or is there a sudden jump from like to love? From my observations the latter appears to be the case, though one wonders if it's possible to be "on the verge of love but not quite there".

So lately I have been getting these weird feelings. Not necessarily contradictory, but weird. I have identified some people that I like, whom I don't mind talking to or seeing everyday, would in fact be looking forward to doing that, but whom I know I will never love. Oh and of course these people are all female. This sounds like I'm a big pervert, but I'm not, because I do not want to be intimate with any of these girls, which is why I do not love them. I am obsessed and yet I am not. This is the most strange and confusing feeling I have ever experienced.

No comments: